Monday, September 3, 2007

PUre luCK!

Last Friday was the National day, thus was a public holiday. For most of us (though I should not generalized), a day before would be the rest day! Hence, I only did what were considered urgent, saved the rest for Monday and concentrated with my Siem Reap's travel journal. Not knowing where to begin, I went to my car to get the guidebook on Angkor Wat.

On my way up, I stopped to use the washroom at ground floor, which is usual empty and then went back to continue with my journal till 5 o'clock. It was time to go home. I quickly switched of my PC, packed my books and was putting my hand phone into the bag when i realized, Deng..Deng..Deng…Deng..my car key was missing! I was panicked. I searched again and again in my tinny bag, in my drawers, under my table, in the rubbish basket, on my messy table, in my pocket and even in the pantry. Unfortunately, it was nowhere to be found. I started to recall my morning activity and the only place left was the washroom at ground floor. I quickly rushed downstairs hopping it would be still there, but first I need to check and see if my car is still there! Sigh! Luckily my baby was still there. However, the keys were still missing.


Calling Pa was a big NO, NO. So it was best for me to check out the security guard before calling Pa. So I rushed to the main lobby and approached one of the guards. However, all eyes laid on me. Sigh!

“Pak Cik, did anybody or cleaner found any key at ground floor washroom?” I asked. He laughed, and then asked where I have lost it. “You must pay money, OK?”, he teased me. I smirked. He quickly dialed the lost and found unit, said something to them and pass the phone to me.

“Where did you leave your key? How many keys are there in your key holder, we need to verify?”

Oh my god! Damn! I have been using the keys for almost two years now and not know how many are there in the holder? This is really bad. I was thinking really hard and really wanted it to be correct, but instead blurted out wrongly. Feeling sorry for me, the staff requested me to come and see it for my self if the key was mine. I quickly rushed to the operation room.

The staff smilingly handed me the key and once again requested me to verify. Oh, bummer! Not only I did not know how many keys are there in the key holder but was even unable to recognize it? That's bad. Having no other choice, I simply said yes and quickly rushed down to open the door. It opened. Sigh! Thank god! Lucky me! Lucky..lucky me!

The following day....

The next day, was Merdeka. My very good friend was on leave, thus made planed to go Genting with her housemate and BF. After discussing for a very long time we finally agreed to meet up at 5 o'clock in the evening at Bangsar LRT station. Since my program was only in the evening, we (akka, ma and myself) went to Jusco to buy my little brother’s 21-birthday present but ended shopping till 3 p.m. Oh yeah, we are one shopaholic family!

I was already late. So rushed back home, quickly bathed and rushed to Komuter station. Driving was a big NO..NO as I don't want to get stuck in the jam or find parking. Moreover, I have planed sleep over at my friend house. So i asked akka to send me to the station.

The train station was packed with people. As I was buying the tickets, the KTM staff made an announcement saying that the train to Rawang was delayed 50 minutes. Luckily the next train was scheduled at 4 p.m. and I was just in time.

I waited and waited and the train finally arrived slowly. It was so packed with people, after deliberately pushing everybody, only 5 managed to get in and the train left. Sigh! The next train was scheduled at 4.20 p.m., then changed to 4.30 p.m., to 4.45 p.m and finally at 5.08 p.m. People were pretty annoyed and were soon leaving the station to take the bus or cab. Some was just getting comfortable on the floor. Finally after waiting for almost 1 hour, the train finally arrived. I was at the front line, all ready to push everyone to get into the train. If I miss this train, I have decided not to go to KL today.

The moment the door open, I somewhat managed to push my self in the train. It was so packed; I couldn't’t even move my hands or my fingers. Everybody was basically glued to each other- butt to butt, face to face. My phone was ringing but I was unable to answer. Finally when we reached Seputeh, I managed to take out my phone from my bag but was unable to answer. So I put it in my pocket. When I finally reached KL Sentral, not wanting to be left behind, I rushed and pushed my self out together with the crowd. Sigh! I was finally free. So happy I headed for my phone to call my friend. Deng.. Deng… Deng.. Deng! It was then I realize that my phone was missing. It was neither in my bag nor in my pocket. Oh my god! I have officially lost my phone!

Luckily the only number I could remember was the phone number of the friend that I was suppose to meet, so I called her. She assured me that the person who took it has assured her to leave it at Commuter ticket counter. Sigh! I doubt it but did check to satisfy her.

It was gone. I was not mad or angry or sad for the missing phone as it was already dying, not worried for the numbers just how I was going to explain to Pa with my carelessness! “Oh, I am really having a bad time!” I told my self. With the missing phone and throbbing headache, I hardly could enjoy my Genting trip.

Akka picked me up at University Malaya the next day after my graduation rehearsal. She looked at my sour face and said, “Your time is so good. Instead of loosing something big such as your car, you lost your dying phone! Imagine the hassle we would have gone through if it was the car?”.

She was indeed correct. God must have really like me. Oh lucky, lucky me.

Actually, come to think off it, this half year has indeed served me well. There was lots of good things happened. First I was supposed to get my M44 (higher grade) confirmation (anytime soon and waiting for my letter though), then I was chosen as one of the employee of the year 2006 (khidmat cermelang), followed by pay increment announced by Pak Lah, I finally got my passport and flew to Cambodia, and last but not least I finally managed finished my project paper, got an A- and graduated on 5th September. Between you and me (ahem, only the PTDs), we all know that our promotions are coming soon. If that happens, its hallelujah….the year to celebrate the glory.

May be i work hard for it, may be its just good timing or may be its just pure luck!

No comments: