Monday, August 27, 2012

Xian : Part II: 3 November 2011

Day 7: 3 November 2011, Thursday
Destination: Mt Huashan, Xian

Chris, Mandy and I decided to travel together for the last time. All three of us was very keen on getting to Mt Huashan. Its 2,154-meter-tall mountain, is a cluster of five peaks that looks like flower patel. It is one of the most dangerous mountain to climb in the world.

Three people with three different plan, I was leaving to Beijing that night, Chris to stay at the mountain and heading to a village nearby, and Mandy to stay put at Xian another two days. Yet we manage to travel together for the last time. Both Chris and I checked out. We had to rush out early as we wanted to catch the first bus, so that I can come down in time to catch the last bus to Xian town and my train at 2100 pm 

I stored my bag at the train station, and we were off to the bus. With Mandy, everything went smooth. The ride was about 2 hours. We arrived at one place to buy the tickets and changed to local bus to get to the entrance of the mountain. The tickets cost CNY100 and one way cable car was about CNY60.

Chris manage to persuade both Mandy and I to climb. There were not many that climbed, as its stairs all the way, difficult and time consuming. But the hike was great, beautiful scenery and great company. It took us approximately 4 hours to climb to reach North Peak.





Mandy

chris
























Picture by chris











Me. Mandy & Chris 

Me, Chris and Mandy

Mandy & I

Me at the peak!

Me...




















Green Dragon Ridge




I loved my Mt Huashan trip. I wish I could have stayed longer to complete it. We needed only another an hour to climb up, but that would mean that I will miss the last bus back to the town. So we decided to finish the second half, and head down on cable car. With very heavy heart, we departed from Chris.

And once arrived at the train station, with heavy heart I departed from Mandy. I suddenly felt lonely. My train was scheduled at 2100 pm, but  the train did not exist at all. It did not appear at the board and I had no one to refer too. I checked everywhere, and when I finally approached the reception they requested me to get refund. With just sign language and lots of hassle I manage to get refund and purchase another train ticket, one and only at 2230 pm, standing! Yeah, for approximately 10 hours! 

I had two hours to kill, and I stink! So I bought my food supply, bread to eat now and at the train, went to a cafe/fast food restaurant, changed my clothes and had my dinner. The train ride was difficult. I sat on the floor all the way. Only an hour and so before I arrived Beijing, the seat were empty and I sat on the seats.  What a day!

No comments: