Wednesday, March 18, 2009

You get What You Pay For!

There is famous cliché "You get what you pay for". Going backpacking for the past 5 years using Low Cost Carrier and living in guesthouses, I came to realization that as long you have roof over the head, stock of musli/icelemon tea (refer here for essential packing goods backpacking), 3 t-shirt, enough cash and have return tickets, you will be fine. To date, I never complained.

But at times traveling in style is nice and I just happen to get that opportunity by attending MOF Inc’s company’s Annual General Meeting.

Clothes:

Since it was official matter, instead of my worn out cargo pants, baby T and slippers, I actually decided to be presentable by wearing jean and blouse. However, I just can take away the habit of caring backpack rather then suits.

Transports:

Then there was the Malaysian Airline. Being government servant, it’s mandatory to use our national carrier. Flying with MAS is always superb even if it’s just economy class. No complains about that. The crew was polite; the space was amazing and the food wonderful. I was just lucky, despite not telling them that I was vegetarian, they just happen has something for me to eat. Here was what I ate:


Ok. I know what you are thing. Uppuma and vadai with dhal, bread and drinks was sufficient. But yogurt drink, Ferrero Rocher and Baskins was just bizarre. Sometimes I wonder with all that money spend on food and ticketing and whole lots of staff, I am surprise that MAS can keep up with Airasia and declare profit. Today, I am proud MAS is part of my organization and has live up to his moto “we serve first class service.” It was indeed!


Accommodation:

It was then followed by Hilton. Since, most directors were Tan Sri and Dato’s and CEO of the company, I just happen to get a place to stay in Hilton just like them. Probably not the luxury suits, but as long as it says Hilton it was good, clean and superb. It always worth what you pay for.




Food:

What I miss most was the dinner at the stake house. Being vegetarian, I opt to miss that but breakfast was simply superb.


So the moral of the story is “At times, it’s nice to travel in style” You get what you pay for!

No comments: