Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Once in a life time

Unlike many girls I know, I never had dream guy, dream wedding, or dream family. But I knew someday, I would put my creativeness, passion and hard work constructing something, someday for someone. And it just happened through my sister’s wedding of the year.

Even though it took me weeks to do planning, purchasing and preparing decoration for engagement, yet it only took me couple of days to visualize and creating something out of nothing. Things just popped out of my brains. Reading all the decoration books and watching tv programs as well as surfing from nets was just wortlwhile and made things less complicating.

After weeks of preparation, arguments and frustration, I finished my bits and pieces of the decoration with no interference of others. I guess, sometimes, something’s just better done alone.








The big day finally arrived, and it was time to reassemble all the bits and pieces together into something that I have been visualizing. Nevertheless when several troupe of army decided to take the lead on their own, it just became to complicating and I decided to back off. So for anyone that came for the engagement or by looking at these pictures here thought the decoration was remarkable, all applaud should be given to my sisters BFF and my uncles, aunts and cousins that has worked hard putting it together. Here was the result. Once in a lifetime project:








At the end, it wasn’t exactly what I have pictured but close enough to satisfy all. But was I satisfied? Was all the hassle worthwhile? Will I do it ever again? As of now, the answer is a big NO! That was probably the first and the last. I wanted to do more but circumstances prevails me. I guess perfectionist never get satisfied.

Note:

Pictures by SL, Kutty and Myself

No comments: