Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Unsatisfied Human Kind

Friday, Mac 23, 2007

Today I was wearing this beautiful greenish maroon tie and die Punjabi suit. Mind you the suit was gorgeous not me though. I wish I was the 8 wonders of the world but however the crown was already given to Miss Aiswaria Rai. Sigh!

I really liked the suit. It’s a suit that “you know you must have it in your wardrobe” (at least for me). It took me months before I got the right timing to wear. It is not like I have any occasion today but sometime the clothing just have to fit the day [or occasionally the size of the body, ;)]. Today I was going for green.

Unlike other suit, this one came knocking at my door. Don’t mistake me; I didn’t buy from walking Pakistani salesman. I missed it once and got the opportunity to purchase it again. Not many get that opportunity though, so when I got it I took it as an omen form god to have it in my wardrobe.

Last year, while roaming around Brickfield a week before Deepavali, I spotted this suit hanging near my uncle’s shop, Jothika’s collection. However, it is always a custom to walk into his shop first before heading elsewhere. Though the prices are way higher then else where, they always seem to have better collection then other places (I speak only for my self, and myself only) and I always ended buying something there. Therefore, I spent almost RM300 ++ for two suits in his shop. Sigh!

Being broke instantly, I had to put aside on the idea of buying the “suit” or any other suit for today. But somehow it triggered me to know how much the suit was selling for. It roughly cost about RM120 and probably could be bargained for RM85. It would still be in my budget if I didn’t walk into Jothika’s collection. Sigh!

I left Brickfield feeling disappointed. And the though of not buying the suit was disturbing me for days till me my sis and Guna went shopping again on the eve of Deepavali. This time, it was straight to Masjid India hopping to get something different from Klang and Brickfield. After hours of walking in and out of several shop, finally we walked into one shop that we hardly shop, “Ajuntha Textiles”. I am not sure what made me go in, but I have no regrets. Not only the collection were stunning, colors are simply faultless, the prices is reasonable and above all their hospitality is beyond comparable.

So we the “shop-o-holic” sisters, shopped till we drop. That’s where I spotted the same greenish maroon tie and die suit. And this time, there were no second thoughts as the price was half of what they sold in Brickfields. It was discounted to RM60! A good bargain. I do wish to recommend this shop to my fellow shop-o-holic friends and family member.
However, the anxiousness and excitements didn’t last long. Today when I wore the suit, it simply felt plain. There was no sense of happiness. of All the waiting was worthless. It wasn’t to long or to short just “tiga suku”. I am sad. How can one thing gives so much of excitements at one points just fade away…

No comments: